Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Sharing Humor

Here is a good joke pulled from a page I am reading for my developmentla psychology class.

An elementary school teacher starts a new job at a school in Durham, North Carolina. In an attempt to make a good impression on her first day, she explains to her class that she's a Duke Blue Devils fan. She asks the class to raise their hands if they too are Duke fans. Everyone in the class raises their hand except one little girl.
The teacher, looking a little surprised, asks: "Hannah, why didn't you raise your hand?"
"Because I'm not a Duke fan," she replied.
The teacher asked, "Well, if you're not a Duke fan, then who do you support?"
"I'm a Wright State Raider fan, and proud of it," Hannah replied.
"Really?" The teacher, now becoming interested in the lone dissenter, asks, "Hannah, why are you a Raider fan?"
"Because my Dad is a Raider fan and my Mom is a Raider fan, so I'm a Raider fan."
"Well," said the teacher, "that doesn't mean you have to be a Raider fan. Kids don't have to be just like their parents. What if your Mom was a liar and your Dad was a crook, what would you be then?"
Hannah said, "I'd be a Duke fan."

I can honestly say from experience that this child correctly echos the feelings of the state of North Carolina, unless you are a Duke fan. 8-)
(Joke is pulled from this website)

No comments:

Post a Comment