Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Telling times

Well, the last two days have been very telling. I feel as if I have gained a lot of ground. Last night a good friend for over 15 years decided to have a melt down and take it out on me. He was giving me advice that I believed to be unsound. I calmly told him that I appreciated the advice, but I would not use it. After he screamed into the phone and told me to never call him again he hung up. I very calmly was able to call him back, and inform him that I would obey his wishes. I also very calmly informed him that I believed his treatment of me was harsh and if he wished to speak to me about it in the future he knew where to find me.
I am proud of myself. Normally I would have driven to his house and continued the fight. This is a huge step in my development.
Also, my wife is becoming more and more anxious about little things. This wouldl test the nerves of any person. Today, after her fifth phone call, I was still able to speak to her calmly and politely. I reassured her our appointment at 2pm today would be fine, we just needed to be creative about how we travel.
After calming her and singing to my kids I began writing this entry into the blog. Now I should be able to complete my assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment